Working with the church’s organ committee and its consultant, Dr. Mark Brombaugh, Martin Pasi developed a three-manual organ of 3,500 pipes and 47 stops (12 Great, 10 Positiv, 15 Swell, and 10 Pedal) to be placed on the central axis of a reconfigured chancel. The stop action is electric with 60 levels of memory for recall of numerous stop combinations. The key action is entirely mechanical, and this “tracker” system gives the organist intimate control over the speech and release characteristics of the pipes, enabling sensitive musical phrasing and articulation. The organ is entirely encased in painted solid poplar casework. Its basic shape was inspired by the 1774 David Tannenberg organ at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, an historic colonial building. The decorative pipe shades of butternut were designed by Kathryn Sparks and carved by Martin Pasi and his daughter, Maurine, with particular design emphasis appropriate to the Winnetka area.